Ricerca Biosciences to Host “Current Challenges on the Critical Path to IND” Fall Symposia
(Concord, OH; September 13, 2011) – Experts at Ricerca Biosciences, an integrated preclinical contract research organization (CRO) providing services to the biopharmaceutical industry, will host a symposia series this fall on the topic, “Current Challenges on the Critical Path to IND.”
The informative series will focus on regulatory and development strategies, approaches to de-risking targets during the discovery phase, evaluation cardiovascular toxicity and effective preparation for an IND filing. These sessions are scientifically focused and will address current topical issues relating to drug development and regulatory strategies.
“This series will provide our audience with the knowledge to plan a program, nominate a drug development candidate and advance the candidate into a Phase I clinical trial,” stated Ian Lennox, CEO of Ricerca.
Topics covered during the symposia series include:
- Methods for Using In Vitro Pharmacological Data to Predict Downstream In Vivo Results
- Gaining Insight From In Vitro Assay Results Utilizing Ricerca’s Foresight Similarity Analysis Service
- Evaluating and Mitigating Genotoxic Impurities in Drug Substance
- Preclinical Approaches to Identifying and Managing Cardiovascular Safety Liabilitiy
Current Challenges on the Critical Path to IND symposia series will be presented on the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, October 4: San Francisco, California, USA
- Monday, October 17: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, USA
- Wednesday, October 19: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Tuesday, November 8: London, United Kingdom
- Wednesday, November 9: Paris, France
The series will be held from 2-5:30 p.m., followed by a cocktail reception from 5:30-7 p.m. (local time). The series is free, but attendees must register to attend.
Ricerca Biosciences provides a full range of preclinical services from early discovery medicinal chemistry, compound screening, profiling and lead optimization through full drug safety, metabolism and efficacy development support, as well as clinical supply and commercial API production capability.
About Ricerca Biosciences
Ricerca Biosciences, offers a comprehensive suite of discovery, preclinical and development services to support drug candidates from discovery through IND and NDA on a global scale. Capabilities include molecular through in vivo screening and profiling, medicinal chemistry, IND-enabling toxicology, API process chemistry and cGMP manufacturing of clinical and commercial API. At Ricerca, our scientific excellence and reliable, cost-effective strategies help accelerate your drug discovery programs via our U.S.-based facilities in Concord, Ohio, and Bothell, Washington, and our ISO 9001-certified facilities in Taipei, Taiwan, and Lyon, France. The Lyon facility also holds AAALAC certification.